- Award Shows
- Billboard's TMI (The Music Insider)
- Celebrity Look for Less
- Fashion News
- Fashion Round-Up
- Fashion Week
- Film Festivals
- Look of the Day
- Opinions & Polls
- Product Reviews
- Rue de Chic Gift Give-Away!!!
- Rue de Chic Trend Spotting
- Style at the Movies
- Stylish Beauty Tips
- Stylish Fashion Tips
- Stylist's Corner – Wemi's Style Diary
- Who wore it best?
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Summer time also means summer weddings. Check out our top 3 picks of dresses that will make you stand out and stay elegant on someone’s special day.
From Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace to Jessica Alba in Valentino and Jessica Biel in Giambattista Valli, the stylish ladies of Hollywood are stepping up their game in scorching red hot looks this summer. Jessica Biel is the top pick for her amazing showcase of a modern yet very glamorous gown. It is hard to go wrong with Giambattista Valli’s proven expertise on femininity, color and glamour. Who could forget his 2008 bright yellow creation that “Love the way you lie” singer Rihanna wore to the BET awards (See Photo Below). Check out some other Scarlet beauties below…
It’s a Giambattista Valli world…
If you’re looking for an effortlessly chic look without spending too much time putting the look together, look no further than the Sweater Dress. It’s simple yet incredibly sexy and this look works for multiple seasons. Show off your tan, toned gams in the summer or pair with some opaque tights in the fall.
White is still the go to color for summer as black is to the Fall season. Jessica Alba stands out in stylish Chanel while attending the House’s Couture show in Paris. This beautiful dress is a modern take on the Grecian Goddess gown. The shorter length as well as the cut of the dress and full skirt keeps the outfit youthful. The pop of red added by the skinny belt which also plays off her lip color, keeps her look sophisticated.
As most women know, we often carry more than we need when traveling. We like to anticipate… “what if I need this or that” is a constantly rotating sentence when packing. The key to precise and successful packing is to take items that are easy to rotate and mix with other pieces, items that you can wear more than once and most importantly, items that can easily transition from day to night.
Here are 5 key items to include in your suitcase for a weekend getaway that not only guarantee a light, easy and comfortable baggage experience but a fashionable trip as well.
1. A pair of Jeans – You can never go wrong with a pair of jeans. Skinny jeans for example can be easily dressed up or down. Rolling the jeans will also save you space in your suitcase. Most importantly, you can wear them as many times as you want… to the beach or to dinner paired with a statement necklace to spice up your look.
2. A Statement Necklace – This could be some chunky beads, edgy links or layers of chains. Dress up a casual look by adding a statement necklace. It also adds the “chic sophisticate” factor to any cocktail dress.
3. A Chic Cocktail Dress – If you’re traveling with a significant other, it’s important to stay on top of your game. If you’re not with a significant other, you definitely need to stay on top of your game. It’s hard to go wrong with “The little Black Dress.” If you want to be a little more playful, try a short and flirty summer dress with a flower or polka dot print. Pair with your statement necklace and you’re good to go.
4. A light Sweater – No matter how much we try, we can’t perfectly predict the weather so a light, soft sweater in beige/cream, light blue or pink or the classic black will always come in handy. Whether a slight chill kicks in during dinner or you’re taking a walk on the beach after dinner, you’re covered. You can also pair with a tank and your trusty pair of jeans for a casual chic look.
5. Embellished Thong Sandals – We all want to be comfortable while traveling. We also know that unless you’re Mariah Carey, it’s ridiculous to travel with 50 pairs of shoes to cover every possible outing while on vacation. Embellished Thong Sandals are comfortable enough for treading through the airport. They work well on the beach, look really cute with a pair of jeans as well as any summer dress. You’re able to stay comfortable yet sassy at the same time. They also lay perfectly flat at the bottom of your suitcase and weigh less than a pound.
“Finally, my handbag addiction has reared its ugly head once more, because I don’t have a – gasp – turquoise handbag! I found the perfect solution at Rue de Chic. The Turquoise “Eva”” Clutch is sophisticated handbag that I can pair with work ensembles, weekend wear — even a casual sundress! Retail $40.00
Rue de Chic is one of my newest, favorite shopping haunts. For the unique and unexpected with a distinctive European flair, this site is a must-see. In addition to this fab turquoise clutch, Rue de Chic offers a huge array of fashions, accessories, trendy jewelry – just about everything you’ll need to enjoy your summer in style!”
“For me, jewelry is the easiest way to tap into that mood and my favorite online retailer, Rue de Chic has a multitude of choices! From funky earrings, to statement necklaces, to beautiful bangles, to bold cocktail rings and even brooches, this is my one-stop shop for jewelry with an attitude.
One of the best pieces I found just recently is the Olivine ring, pictured. This is costume jewelry at it’s most whimsical. The adjustable ring features an adorable owl (I call mine Hedwig!) crafted of sparkling crystals in shades of caramel, lime and jet black. It’s perfect for everything from work to weekend. Retail $15.00″
For a chance to win an “Olivine” Ring of your own, hit the Facebook “Like” Button to your right or leave a comment on this post.
In addition to Tourqouise and Cobalt Blue, shocking Green is making an entrance as one of summer’s hottest colors. Pair this color with gold accessories to give it the royal treatment and an elegant finish. Freida Pinto hits the ball out of the park in her gorgeous Emerald Green Oscar de la Renta (Resort 2011). It’s hard to go wrong in Oscar de la Renta’s designs which define femininity and class. Check out the blast from the past below as Sarah Jessica Parker makes a green statement herself at the New York City Ballet’s Spring Gala in 2004.